- the act of uniform movement
- the act of changing in form or shape or appearance
- rewording something in less technical terminology
- a written communication in a second language having the same meaning as the written communication in a first language
- a uniform movement without rotation
- (genetics) the process whereby genetic information coded in messenger RNA directs the formation of a specific protein at a ribosome in the cytoplasm
- (mathematics) a transformation in which the origin of the coordinate system is moved to another position but the direction of each axis remains the same
- The English translation may have been condensed into a single more readable book.
- The theatre will provide simultaneous translation in both English and Chinese.
- Much of the wit is lost in translation
- I've only read Solzhenitsyn in translation.
- When a book goes into translation, all those linguistic subtleties get lost.
- The translation is inexact to the letter.
- His translation is exceptional in its poetic quality.
- The translation reads smoothly.
- The translation follows closely the original.
- The dictionary is for the purpose of translation.