英語特殊否定句型:理解與翻譯

英語特殊否定句型:理解與翻譯

《英語特殊否定句型:理解與翻譯》從隱含否定、否定與比較、否定的量與度、否定與情態、雙重否定、否定與感嘆句、否定與修辭手法、否定與並列結構、否定與排除、延續否定等方面,以易錯否定句型為切入點,針對國內英語學習者對英語特殊否定句的理解和翻譯錯誤進行分析、論述,並予以澄清和糾正。《英語特殊否定句型:理解與翻譯》對英語學習和英語教學有重要的參考和借鑑作用。

基本介紹

  • 書名:英語特殊否定句型:理解與翻譯
  • 類型:英語與其他外語
  • 出版日期:2014年8月1日
  • 語種:簡體中文, 英語
  • ISBN:9787564333225
  • 作者:吳永強
  • 出版社:西南交通大學出版社
  • 頁數:265頁
  • 開本:16
  • 品牌:西南交通大學出版社
內容簡介,圖書目錄,

內容簡介

《英語特殊否定句型:理解與翻譯》由西南交通大學出版社出版。

圖書目錄

第一章隱含否定意義的辭彙
1.I doubtthat he is lying.
我不相信他在說謊。
2.All music is alike to me.
我不懂音樂。
3.Geometry is a sealed book to me.
我對幾何一竅不通。
4.He is in the dark.
他一點都不知道。
5.I think Otherwise.
我的看法不同。
6. It is five years since we lived in the countryside.
我們不在鄉下居住已經五年了。
第二章否定與比較結構
1.I can no more speak English than you.
I cannot speak English any more than you.
我和你一樣不會說英語。
2.This house is no less expensive than that one.
這所房子與那所房子同樣貴。
3.Lisa sounded more annoyed than scared.
聽起來麗莎更多的是生氣,而不是害怕。
4.I couldn't agree with you more.
我完全同意你的看法。
5.They two are as alike as chalk and cheese.
他倆極不相同。
6.The scenery is more beautiful than I can describe.
景色美得無法形容。
7.I know better than to tell him the truth.
我不會愚蠢到告訴他真相。
8.He is none the happier for all his wealth.
他並沒有因為他的富有而更幸福。
9.I go to visit my mother on weekends as often asnot.
周末我經常去看望我的母親。
10.He is no less a person than the ambassador.
他竟然是大使本人。
11.He had a less than favorable view ofthe matter.
他對這個事情的看法一點兒也不好。
12.I am never less alone than when I am alone.
我獨處時一點兒也不寂寞。
13.Jackie insisted they might as weH cross here as cross anywhere.
傑基堅持認為與其隨便選個地方通過還不如就從這裡通過。
14.He is as poor as poor can be.
他窮得不能再窮了。
15.Better late than never.
遲做總比不做好。
16.Don't tell him more than you can help.
能不跟他講的儘量不跟他講。
第三章否定的量與度
1.No one person can do it.
單獨一個人做不了這件事情。
2.No two people interpret what they see in exactly the same way.
沒有任何兩個人會以同樣的方式解釋他們所看到的。
3.You’ve got to spend the time with them.There's no two ways about it.
你必須花時間與他們在一起。這是毫無疑問的。
4.It takes two to tango.
一個巴掌拍不響。
5.To all mankind,freedom is indivisible.And when one man is enslaved,all are not free.
對於整個人類來說,自由是不可分割的,故一個人被奴役時,所有人都不自由。
6.“You enjoyed yourself last night.didn’t you?”
“Not half”
“你昨晚過得很開心,是嗎?”
“非常開心。”
7.When it comes to this area,I see the glass halffull,not half empty.
就這個地區而言,我看情況是樂觀的,而不是悲觀的。
8.I don't care adime.
我一點兒也不在乎。
9.Two is a company,but three is a crowd.
兩人為伴,三人不歡。
10.They bring with them a richness of culture,and not afew problems.
Not everybody welcomes them.
他們帶來的有豐富的文化,但也有不少問題。並非每個人都歡迎他們。
11.I don'want to survive。I want to live.
我想要的不僅僅是生存,而是生活。
第四章否定與情態
1.A student can't study too hard.
學生怎么努力學習都不過分。
2.We can't overpraise him.
我們再怎樣讚揚他都不過分。
3.You can't have your cake and eat it.
你不可能做到既吃下蛋糕又要把它留下。
4.I couldn't care less.
我一點兒也不在乎。
5.He must not be here.
他不許在這裡。
6.He may not come.
譯文1:他不許去。
譯文2:他也許不去。
7.There is no royal road to learning.
學無坦途。
8.There is no love lost between Mary and John.
瑪麗和約翰從來就彼此不喜歡。
9.There is no saying which party will win.
簡直無法預料哪個政黨會獲勝。
10.No pains,no gains.
不勞則不獲。
11.It is a silly fish that is caught twice with the same bait.
再笨的魚都不至於兩次上鉤。
第五章雙重否定
1.I never see him without thinking of my father.
每當看見他我就會想起我父親。
2.It is nothing short of a crime.
這簡直就是犯罪。
3.There is no such a fool but he can understand it.
不會有愚蠢到連這個都不明白的人。
4.It is a good horse that never stumbles.
馬有失蹄。
5.She was nothing if not the model of self—restraint.
她非常具有自制力。
6.He can't do other wise than follow the path shown to him by the blacksmith.
他不得不按照鐵匠給他指的道路走下去。
7.None so blind as those who won't see(or who will not see).
瞎莫過於視而不見的睜眼瞎。
第六章否定與感嘆句
1.Well,if it isn’t beautiful!
啊,真漂亮!
2.To think I was lying on a beach only the day before yesterday.
想不到我前天還躺在海灘上呢!
3.As if I care!
我才不在乎呢!
4.Isn't the story funny!
這個故事真好笑!
5.I am damned if I told a lie!
我絕對沒有撒謊!
6.If only I were there!
真可惜我不在那裡!
7.So you can cry all night for all I care!
那好,你可以整晚哭泣,隨你怎樣,我才不管呢!
8.Catch me doing that!
我絕不會幹那樣的事情!
9.A fat lot you know!
你啥都不懂!
10.God knows!
誰也不知道!
第七章否定與修辭方法
1.Less is more.
簡約而不簡單。
2.Let’s agree to disagree.
讓我們求同存異吧。
3.There are doctors and doctors.
醫生有好的,也有不好的。
4.I am not a little interested in the movie.
我對這部電影非常感興趣。
5.They were not a force for innovation;they were a force for evil.
他們不是革新的力量;他們是邪惡的勢力。
6.Democracy must be something more than two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner.
民主不應該是兩隻狼和一隻羊投票決定晚餐吃什麼。
7.Nothing succeeds like success.
一事成功,事事順利。
8.Nature is not your mother.She’s not going to clean up after you.
大自然不是你的媽媽。她不會在你身後為你打掃衛生。
9.You treat your mother like a servant.You are a filial son indeed!
你把你媽媽當僕人,你可真是個孝子!
10.Some of the items are good,others might be better.
有些節目好,有些不那么好。
11.If winter comes.can spring be far behind?
冬天來了,春天還會遠嗎?
……
第八章否定與並列結構
第九章否定與排除
第十章延續否定
參考文獻
  

相關詞條

熱門詞條

聯絡我們